Tel: (252) 937-2200
Fax: (252) 937-8100
Mike grew up in Pitt County and graduated from Campbell University with a Bachelors of Business Administration in Trust Management. He went on to attend the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University. Prior to joining Battle Winslow in 2017, Mike practiced for more than 15 years with Fields & Cooper, PLLC, in Nashville.
Mike has extensive experience in the areas of commercial and residential real estate, business transactions, estate planning and local government law.
Mike, an Eagle Scout, is active in the Rocky Mount community formerly serving on the boards of United Community Ministries and Habitat for Humanity. He is an active member of First Presbyterian Church serving as both a Deacon and an Elder. He is currently serving as Clerk of the Session at First Presbyterian.
Mike and his wife Winnie, a local educator, are the parents of two daughters. Outside of the practice of law, Mike enjoys coaching his daughters’ soccer teams, hunting and fishing.
Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Local Government Law
- J.D., Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Campbell University, 2001
- B.B.A., Campbell University, 1998
- State of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar 7th Judicial District, President-Elect
- United Community Ministries, Board of Directors
- First Presbyterian Church, member, former Deacon, Elder and Clerk
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Habitat for Humanity, Board of Directors
- Rocky Mount Parks and Recreation, Youth Soccer Coach
- Nash-Rocky Mount Schools, Parent Advisory Committee