W. Dudley Whitley, III (“Dee”) is a litigation attorney with Battle Winslow, having joined the firm in 1990. He practices in all areas of civil litigation, with experience in North Carolina’s Business Court, and District and Superior courts throughout the state. His practice includes business litigation, construction litigation, fiduciary and caveat litigation, and collections. He also practices in Federal Court and Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of North Carolina. He is trained in collaborative law.
Dee was born and raised in Rocky Mount. He played football at N.C. State University before graduating from Campbell University School of Law when it was in Buies Creek, NC. He is past president of the Rocky Mount Rotary Club and past president of Covenant Homes, which provides federally subsidized housing to the elderly. He is currently an Elder at First Presbyterian Church of Rocky Mount.
Dee’s wife Crystal is a public elementary school principal and they enjoy travelling and are active members of both the Red Sox Nation and the Wolfpack Nation.
More About Dee
- J.D., Norman A. Wiggins School of Law, Campbell University, 1986
- B.A., North Carolina State University, 1983
- Admitted to Bar, State of North Carolina, 1986
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District NC
- United States Supreme Court
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Rocky Mount Rotary, Past President
- First Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Nash-Rocky Mount Schools Volunteers
- City of Rocky Mount Parks and Recreation Volunteer
- Covenant Homes Vice President, Board of Directors