Practice Areas Litigation
Our civil litigation attorneys represent plaintiffs and defendants in all stages of the civil litigation process, including pre-suit negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, trials, post-judgment enforcement proceedings, and appellate matters. Our attorneys work across multiple practice areas to represent our client’s interest with regard to civil litigation matters.
With the expertise drawn from all of our practice areas, our litigation attorneys handle most types of civil cases, including:
- Bodily injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, premise liability incidents, and other negligent acts
- Business and commercial disputes for breach of contracts, business fraud, shareholder disputes, and claims associated with the dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships
- Real estate litigation, including property title disputes, land use disputes, partitions, and imminent domain proceedings
- Employment-related disputes
- Trust and Estate litigations
- Construction litigation, including lien claims and contract disputes
- Bankruptcy-related litigation
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Family law matters, including divorce, equitable distribution, and child custody matters
- Litigation involving local governments
- Appellate matters
Our attorneys handle cases before the North Carolina district and superior courts, the North Carolina’s Business Court, the North Carolina Court of Appeals, the North Carolina Supreme Court, the North Carolina Industrial Commission, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.